Marin Villages has been awarded a grant through the Older Americans Act. This grant is intended to help provide seniors with services defined as 'chores'. This program is open to all seniors, defined as older adults over the age of 60 years AND a resident of Marin County. This program is designed to prioritize frail, homebound, low-income seniors.
Marin Villages: Chore Program
During the period from July 1, 2017, until June 30, 2018, Marin Villages is contracted to provide 400 hours of chore service to 75 unique (undupelicated) individuals.
Referrals are Accepted:
- Replacing fuses, light bulbs, batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors; installing shades, blinds and curtain rods, hanging draperies, moving or rearranging furniture to provide safe entry, mobility, and egress, turning mattresses; cleaning closets and drawers; grass cutting and leaf raking; trimming overhanging tree branches.
- 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday
- Via phone: 415-457-4633
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Referrals will be contacted within 24 business hours
- Seven (7) business days are required to complete a Chore request
- Phone interview with Marin Villages staff
- Clearly defined chore (scope of request, access, primary contact, etc.)
- Complete and Submit Client Intake Form
- Complete and Submit Client Liability Waiver
- *These mandatory documents must be received by Marin Villages before the seven (7) business day clock starts